A rich and sweet treat to indulge in on a cold winter evening. Combine tea and spices together with red wine or substitute with fruit juice.
Ingredients you will need
● 500 ml water
● 20 g Dark Oolong tea
● 10 g ginger – powdered or fresh
● 5 g cinnamon – whole or chips or powdered
● 5 g cloves – whole or powdered
● 5 g star anise – whole or powdered
● 500 ml red wine (or use grape/cranberry/black currant juice for a non-alcoholic version)
● 1 vanilla pod – optional
● 1 orange – sliced
● Honey or sugar to taste
- Heat 500ml of water with tea and spices in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add 500ml red wine, a vanilla pod and fresh citrus pieces. Orange is preferred.
- Simmer for another 10 – 15 minutes and sweeten to taste.
- Remove from heat and strain. Enjoy while warm.
Makes 1 litre